Monday 14 September 2015

Wind, relentless wind.

As my guide book said, "une forêt d'éoliennes...confirme que la région est ventée. "
It ain't bloody kidding. 
It was breezy & cool as I left Nájera and pedalled away on the N120. I'd had enough of offroad yesterday, despite being saved by a local mountain biker on his fully suspended 12cm 'fat boy' tyres, who not only pointed in the right direction from the other side of the autovia, but caught me up and rode with me down into the town. The kindness of strangers. 

This was repeated when at the 4th place of asking no bed at inn was found; the town on a Saturday night was full of pilgrims. The hotel owner called a place out of town, back the way I'd come and secured me a room. 
There a beer or 3 were welcome. As was a chance meeting with a bunch of French cyclists from the Var. Good fun. 

The view from my room. Who cares? The wind through the open window dried my shorts & shirt!

No comments:

Post a Comment